A hot stone massage uses smooth, warm therapeutic stones to help relax and release tension in tight muscles. Hot stones are placed in various places on your body, while the therapists uses other stones to run along the muscles, using long strokes and circular movements to release tension. This is a very relaxing massage, however it still has great therapeutic results.
Hot stones were orginally used to treat diseases in Ancient China 2000 years ago. Stones were also used in Native America, Hawaii, India, and Egypt so this healing therapy has origins in many countries.
- Pain relief : Hot stones have been associated with the symptom relief in people with variety of conditions, such a fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune disorders.
- Stress relief: Several studies have shown that hot stone massage reduces stress and anxiety and improves cardiovascular health. Hot-stone therapy can also assist those suffering from depression.
- Increased joint flexibility: Muscle tension can make it painful and difficult to move your joints . Hot-stone massage relaxes the muscles which helps to move your joints easier with less pain.
- Decreased muscle spasm and tension: Muscles which are tense and in spasm can cause a lot of pain. The heat from the stones promotes relaxation, reduces tension and helps ease spasm and pain.
- Better sleep: Hot-stone massage helps you deeply relax, while decreasing stress, anxiety, pain and tension. This promotes good sleep and helps with insomnia.
- Deep Relaxation!
If you think hot stone massage would help you, then we encourage you to book an appointment by clicking here.