Our Commitment to You
Clients receive respectful care and are not discriminated against on the basis of their age, gender, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual preference or health status.
Clients have the right to be treated in a manner that respects their individuality. Clients, their families and carers should be treated courteously. There should be full recognition of client needs, culture and beliefs in all aspects of communication, assessment and intervention.
Your Commitment to Us
In order to achieve the best out of your physiotherapy consultation, we require a commitment from you, to your treatment plan.
Our Therapists conduct a thorough assessment to obtain your history and an objective physiotherapy examination. They use this information, along with your goals, to give you a diagnosis and tailor a treatment plan for you. It is important that you have read and understood our terms and conditions and commit fully to participating in your treatment plan and recovery. It is your responsibility to follow our advice and avoid situations that may aggravate your condition. We acknowledge an infinite number of variables can impact on the outcomes of any treatment program.
The Physionorth Guarantee
At Physionorth we pride ourselves on the delivery of only the highest quality Physiotherapy, Massage, and Acupuncture services.
We live by the philosophy that if YOU are not happy then WE are not happy.
If for some reason you are not 100% happy with the quality of your consultation, contact us within 10 days of your visit and we will:
- Give you a full refund of your initial consultation fee AND
- Give you your next follow-up treatment session for FREE
We want to ensure all of our patients receive the appropriate quality care and if you are not 100% satisfied we have missed the mark somewhere which is not our intention! All feedback is valuable and you are encouraged to contact Jaquie the Business Owner at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Practice Manager at email@example.com to express your concerns and to resolve any issues that may be present!
It is expected that if you cannot keep an appointment with us, that notice is given as soon as possible by calling the practice and leaving a message after hours. 24 hours notice is required, or you may be charged full cost of the booked treatment. Notice of at least 24hrs gives us the opportunity to offer your appointment slot to someone on our waiting list.
Physionorth will do it’s best to remind you of your appointment via sms and/or email. However, the appointment still stands as confirmed unless you cancel it. Appointments with unanswered confirmations will still stand and you will be charged a cancellation fee if you do not attend.
After one late cancellation you will be required to pre-pay for any future appointments.
Late cancellation fees are paid by the patient and cannot be covered by Health Funds, WorkCover, DVA, Medicare or other government agencies and private companies.
Late and Missed Appointments
If you arrive late to an appointment, but within your appointed time slot, you may receive a shorter consultation in an effort not to inconvenience other clients waiting.
If you either arrive after or entirely miss an appointment, you will be charged the booked consultation fee in full.
After one failure to attend you will be required to pre-pay for any future appointments.
Missed appointment fees are paid by the patient and cannot be covered by Health Funds, WorkCover, DVA, Medicare or other government agencies and private companies.
Consent to Treatment
You hereby request and give consent to our therapists to perform all necessary examinations, manipulations, therapy, rehabilitation and medical diagnostic procedures in accordance with their professional training and understanding of your injury.
You understand that you have an opportunity to discuss with your therapist, the nature and purpose of your physiotherapy care before any treatment is rendered.
You acknowledge and accept the following:
- The physical nature of physiotherapy and related treatments.
- You have the right to see the physiotherapist of your choice, refuse intervention or seek a further opinion and to provide feedback and make a complaint.
- The adverse risks associated with treatment, including stiffness and soreness, soft tissue injury, neurological complications, cerebrovascular injuries, skin irritations, burns and other minor complications.
- The probability of risk is lowered by screening procedures.
- Other treatment options exist if the risk of physiotherapy is considered to be high, including medication, medical care, hospitalisation and surgery.
- The risk of remaining untreated includes the formation of adhesions, scar tissue and other degenerative changes. These changes can further reduce skeletal mobility, and induce chronic pain cycles. It is quite probable that delay of treatment will complicate the condition and make future rehabilitation more difficult.
- Most clients receive our services without the need of a medical or other referral. However, in the event a referral from another practitioner has been given, it is highly recommended that such a referral is provided to the treating physiotherapist to assist in the continuity of care and our delivery of the most appropriate treatment for the client.
Consent to Obtain and Release Information
To accelerate the management of your injury or injury claim, you accept it may be necessary to communicate the details of your medical condition with treating practitioners, rehabilitation consultants, case managers and employers. If you have been referred by another health professional or personal trainer, it is common practice to provide a letter detailing your diagnosis and treatment plan. You will be provided with a form to sign on your initial consultation to consent to this.
If you require referral onto another medical specialist, it is necessary to disclose your contact information so they can make contact with you for a booking. You will be provided with a form to sign on your initial consultation to consent to this.
7. Accounts and Billing
- Please refer to our most recent schedule of fees for an outline of the services we offer and their associated prices.
- It is expected that all fees are paid in full at the time of consultation.
- We accept cash, EFTPOS, credit cards and offer electronic healthrebates (via HICAPS) for your convenience. However, in the event of electronic network failure, full payment is still required on the day of consultation.
- Payment of accounts can be done via the telephone or in person at the practice from which you received the service.
- Health Insurance rebates (electronic or otherwise) can only be claimed after the service has been received. In the instance of purchasing treatment packages, rebates will only be available once the treatment package has been completed.
- There is no refund available on the purchase of any personal or healthcare items if you change your mind. If the item has a major problem we can either refund or exchange the item for you. Please keep your proof of purchase.
- Those who feel they cannot comply with our very strict billing methods, or wish to be given special consideration, please feel welcome to put your request in writing and address it to the Practice Director.
- Please understand that our strict billing methods allow equality of service to all clients, and serve to raise the already high standard of care we can offer you.
- Our intention is not to exclude anyone from being able to access our physiotherapy services. We have never denied anyone the benefits of physiotherapy care because of their inability to pay our published fees. If financial hardship requires individual consideration, please put your request in writing to the Practice Director.
All client details are stored confidentially with your clinical notes and not disclosed to anybody outside Physionorth. This practice is committed to protecting your privacy and this information is generally only disclosed to other members of your medical team where necessary. The personal and health information you provide during your consultation and subsequent treatment will be collected for the primary purpose of providing high quality health care.
Where required by law or if necessary for debt collection reasons, your personal information will be disclosed.
Physionorth uses SMS and/or email communication to keep you up to date with the status of your appointment. We also require your email address for access to our Exercise App and Online bookings. We also occasionally email material regarding promotions, discounts, updates, products and services if you have consented to this.
Should you wish not to receive such communications or our convenient SMS appointment reminders please advise the administration staff at Physionorth or alternatively follow the ‘unsubscribe’ instructions provided in the communication.
Exclusion of Liability
The Practice Director and employees of this Practice shall not be liable for, nor shall they accept any responsibility for any injury, loss or damage howsoever sustained by any person or persons arising out of any of the treatments or procedures delivered in this Practice or in any way whatsoever which does not arise from any negligent act or omission of the Practice Director and employees.
If you have any queries about these Terms and Conditions, please contact:
The Practice Manager
While Physionorth uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Web site, Physionorth makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Physionorth assumes no liability or responsibility for any typographical or other errors or omissions in the content on this site.
Physionorth and its logos are either trademarks and/or service marks or registered trademarks and/or service marks of Physionorth. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or service marks of their respective owners.