Run Smarter, Faster and Stay Injury Free!
Are you a runner looking to get a faster time, increase your distance, improve your running technique and hit your goals? Or do you want to build up your running safely or simply return to running after an injury?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then this is the program for you!
At Physionorth we know that it’s important to have a great coach in order to hit your goals. We also realise that an individualised program is important as not everyone faces the same challenges or has the same running goals.
The Physionorth running program gives you an individualised assessment with our running physio and a program specifically tailored to you!
What is included?
- A detailed running assessment which will test your strength, power and running pattern. This will also be used to identify any training errors
- 6 x (one hour) in-clinic or zoom appointments with our running Physio Mel
- An individualised program that is based on your needs and goals
- In session education on running to improve your technique, distance and time
- An educational guide to all things related to injury prevention in running. This will be sent to you as a short video each week for 6 weeks so you can watch at your leisure
- A running assessment at the end of your 6 week training course to show your progress.
What material is covered in this course?
- Essential warm up components to your program
- Thoracic (upper back) mobility and why this is important
- Proprioception (balance) and agility
- Foot biomechanics
- Foot strength and mobility
- Motor control
- Strength training
- Injury rates and risk factors for injury in runners (so you don’t become a statistic)!
- Hip mobility and more!
Sessions can start when it suits you! Just ring (07) 47240768 to secure your spot with our running Physio Melissa!
Why is injury prevention important to runners?
The injury statics relating to running injuries are alarming! One major (and preventable) risk factor is training error! Training errors can include:
- an inappropriate mix of training types or intensities
- progressing too quickly
- insufficient strength and conditioning
- insufficient rehabilitation from a previous injury.
Where do these injuries commonly occur?
If you experience recurring niggles anywhere in your body that seem to be aggravated by your running, then it is recommended for you to seek help by your trusted health professional. Consider addressing these recurrent niggles before they progress to a full/serious injury that may just sideline you from the sport you love.
To book your sport in Physionorth’s Running Program ring (07) 47240768
If you already have a running injury, what can be done?
Here at PhysioNorth we take a holistic approach to completing a running assessment. This will include:
- a comprehensive assessment of your training and injury history
- assessment of your health history, training loads and recovery strategies
- strength capacity and joint range of motion
- goals and expectations
- running gait assessment and more.
By thoroughly going through a detailed assessment, your physiotherapist will be able to tailor their education, advice, and programming more specifically to your needs and goals. A running assessment is a great first step in your running injury prevention journey. However, the health professional community is always looking towards prevention, instead of a cure.
While injury prevention is not foolproof, (if it were, we wouldn’t be here talking about it), it is important. After all, no one wants to have to stop running simply because they avoided simple strategies that could have reduced the likelihood of their injury in the first place!
If you want a comprehensive approach that includes both the running assessment, rehabilitation guidance and education then consider our running injury prevention program (see details above). This program was developed with a passion to educate and empower our runners with the knowledge and guidance to help reduce their own injury risk profile. It includes:
- An individual running analysis done by our physiotherapist
- Access to weekly educational presentations focusing on different aspects of your running training
- FREE guidance from your physiotherapist with unlimited email access for questions
- Five appointments to assess, write and progress your individualised program to keep you on track!
This is NOT a cookie-cutter approach. We are very passionate about helping YOU, the individual, in any way that we can! We want to help you understand the research that is currently available relating to injury prevention and how it may apply to you.
The weekly online presentations will cover topics ranging from warm-ups to foot strength and mobility, to whether ‘core’ strengthening is useful, how to monitor training loads, when to see a physiotherapist and running specific strength and conditioning.
Want to know more? Contact our friendly staff today on 07 47240768 or email Running Physio Melissa on email@example.com