Pregnancy is a very special time for women. There are not only physical, but emotional and mental changes as well. Women feel tired very often and can experience pain and aches never felt before because the body is changing. This may be due to the hips expanding, blood volume increasing and the level of hormones changing. Very often they are stressed, because they worry about the baby, especially during the first pregnancy. A way to help combat all the pain and stress is a remedial massage.
What you need to know:
Pregnancy Massage is not recommended in the first trimester so wait until you are at least 12 weeks pregnant. The pregnancy should be healthy and clearance sought from your Doctor along with finding a professional clinic with qualified therapists is advised. The pregnancy massage can be very beneficial and will definitely help to get through some of those painful days.
Some benefits to having a remedial massage when pregnant are:
- Massage helps to ease lower back pain, which occurs during the pregnancy because of the lumbosacralar tilt.
- Pregnancy massage helps to release the tension in the shoulders, chest and rib cage which can contribute to better respiration and provide more oxygen to the baby.
- During the pregnancy the volume of the blood increases 40-50%. Pregnancy massage helps to improve the circulation which helps with edema and cramps.
- Massage improves the joint and muscle pain.
- Helps with stress, anxiety, depression and improves the sleep as it works efficiently on the nervous system.
- Helps with tension headaches.
- Massage improves skin elasticity, increases flexibility and tone to the muscles.
For a pregnancy massage, in our clinic we use pregnancy pillows which we have in two sizes; small for early pregnancy and a larger one for late pregnancy. Pregnant ladies love to have a massage on this pillow as they can lay safely on the belly, which means they can enjoy their massage in their favourite position.
– Magda Szyperska, Remedial Massage Therapist
If you experience any of the above, or just want to have a nice relaxing experience, call 4724 0768 to make an appointment with one of our massage therapists or follow the link to book online. https://portal.coreplus.com.au/physionorth