So, What is Massage Therapy?
It is the manipulation of superficial, deep and connective tissue. It is utilised to speed up the body’s natural healing process and to enhance repair and function of muscles. Muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia, skin, and the cardiovascular and lymphatic system ALL benefit from massage therapy.
Why? To help manage:
- Chronic pain and dysfunction
- Relax and relieve the stress of daily life
- Prepare for childbirth
- Increase blood flow
- Help you recover from exercise
Our Massage Therapists Silvia, Rebekah and Maddison are experienced in a range of massage styles, including:
- Swedish: a relaxing massage using light to medium pressure
- Myofascial: a slower technique that uses a gentle pressure to stretch deep connective tissue and muscular fascia
- Remedial: involves a deeper pressure and aims to assess and find cause of pain to target specific areas for treatment
- Sports: a deep tissue massage for pre and post sporting events
- Pregnancy: helps reduce swelling, decrease back and neck pain and keep you moving freely. At Physionorth we have special pregnancy pillows to allow mum to be to lie on her stomach comfortably during treatment.
Gift vouchers are also available to purchase to surprise someone special.
Massage appointments are available Monday – Saturday (excluding public holidays). Call our receptionists on 4724 0768 for appointment bookings.